So Suzy Stamps flowers and stenciling

The So Suzy Stamps design team is sharing cards today with the theme flowers/spring and the technique stenciling on there blogs.


Image may contain: text

I've made four cards with a real spring feeling (I'm so longing for spring to arrive, aren't you?)


Here is the step-by-step tutorial.

First I die cut four top fold cards out of white cardstock using a die (this one is from Ebay) and my old cuttlebug. 


For the flowers on the panel I used an old stencil I had in my craft stuff and the faux dimensions technique I saw on Jennifers Mcguires blog. 
I used Ranger white pigment ink and a spongedauber on colored cardstock. 


I repeated this with 4 colors of cardstock.


Then I moved the stencil a bit and sponged over it with a ink matching the color of the cardstock.


It looks as if the flowers have dimension. It looks great and so easy to do.


Using a die cut from My favorite things I cut out panels from the four stenciled cardstocks.


With my misty and some scaps of white cardstock I stamped the sentiment and the swirls. I used blowing flowers and spring time hugs for this.  Once stamped I die cut them out.
                      

Finally I used white Nuvo crystal drops in the centre of the stenciled flowers. They look like daisies now.


The little flowers in the corner I made years ago out of polymer clay (fimo).
The faux dimension technique is a great technique to use with stencils.


More examples on how to use stencils from the So Suzy Stamps design theme you can find HERE.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.

(Spring Time) Hugs, Henriette.

4 comments

Sandie C said...

Love the look of these cards. Very happy and cheery looking which makes them perfect to send to someone special. Thanks for sharing how you made them.

Teresa Doyle said...

Thee are beautiful Henriette! A fantastic set of cards!

Ellen C said...

I love these pretty cards. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa-WCS said...

What a great way to add the dimensional look! Love it